- Energy Code Assistance
- Energy Code Facts
- IECC Blower Door Test
- Illinois Blower Door Test Results
- Arlington Heights, IL Blower Door Test Results I IECC Code Verification
- Chicago Blower Door Tests | Illinois Energy Code Testing
- Deerfield, IL Blower Door Tests I IECC Verification
- Elmhurst Blower Door Test
- Glencoe, IL Blower Door Tests I IECC Code Compliance
- Glenview Blower Door Test Results | Air Leakage Testing
- Hinsdale Blower Door Test Results
- Lombard Blower Door Testing | Air Leakage Testing Results
- Naperville Blower Door Test | Illinois Energy Code Testing
- Skokie, IL Blower Door Tests I IECC Verification
- Winnetka Blower Door Results | Illinois Energy Conservation Code
- Illinois Blower Door Test Results
- IECC Duct Testing
- IECC Energy Modeling
- Energy Code Comparison Charts
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Efficiency
- HVAC Design & Testing
- Building Science Training
We are dedicated to your success!
Training will be held Oct. 16 - 20th
and Dec. 11- 15th, 2017.
Priority Energy is a certified BPI Test Center and offers the following professional certification training and continuing education classes. Click to see our training calendar.
For a limited time only, Illinois residents can save up to $500 on BPI training with IHP rebates! Register today to take advantage of this great savings!
BPI Residential Building and Whole House Air Sealing Installer (RBE)
Students will learn how to tighten the building envelope in existing residential homes in order to reduce energy loss and improve indoor air quality by sealing air leaks. Comfort and energy efficiency improvements will be attained by proper installation of dense-pack insulation.
Priority Energy’s two-day session includes one day of classroom instruction and one day of lab training. Instructors will lead candidates through proper sealing techniques at each of BPI’s seven required structural props.
The RBE certification exam is a hands-on demonstration of a student’s weatherization knowledge and air sealing ability at each of the seven props. Students must be able to explain why and how they approach each task.
BPI Building Analyst (BA)
Priority Energy’s BA training is usually held over 5 consecutive days (customized sessions are available). This interactive training will take students through all the categories they need to know to successfully pass BPI’s Building Analyst Exams, including:
- Building Science Fundamentals
- BPI’s Health and Safety Guidelines
- Airflow & Ventilation Assessments per ASHRAE 62.2
- Blower Door and Duct Leak Tests for IECC compliance
- Building Evaluations for Heat Loss and Savings Calculations
- BPI’s Building Safety Standards-Combustion and CO measurements
- Ductwork Evaluation
- BPI’s Work Scope Development Process
Students will learn to use the latest diagnostic equipment and have ample practice time in our on-site training lab.
Our training concludes on the fifth day when the written exams are administered. A passing score is 70%. Once the written exam has been mastered, the Building Analyst Field exam will be scheduled.
BPI Envelope Professional (BE)
The Envelope Professional training focuses specifically on the exterior shell of a building and its ability to adequately protect its inhabitants. An important component to the energy efficient, house-as-a-system equation, Priority Energy recommends that students train and test for both the BA and Envelope certifications during the same session. In this way, the BA and Envelope Field exams can be conducted at the same time. A passing score is 70%. Once the written exam has been mastered, the Field exam will be scheduled.
BPI’s Advanced Home Energy Professionals (HEP) Certifications
Required by some state and utility-run programs, a BPI advanced certification will distinguish the industry’s highly skilled and experienced home energy professionals. The HEP certifications are recognized nationwide and supported by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
BPI’s Home Energy Professional (HEP) certifications require candidates to demonstrate their advanced competency through experience prerequisites, and more challenging written and field exams.
Priority Energy can help you attain any of the following HEP certifications:
- Energy Auditor
- Quality Control Inspector (QCI)
- Retrofit Installer
- Crew Leader
Or RESNET HERS Rater certification.
Call us at 800-737-2299 or check or training schedule for upcoming BPI certification classes.
by Robert F. Schildgen
Priority Energy will lead a trial installation of the Department of Energy's (DOE) Extended Plate & Beam wall system for a Chicago-area home builder.