- Energy Code Assistance
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Efficiency
- HVAC Design & Testing
- Building Science Training
Comfort and Savings Year-Round!
Aeroseal Fast Facts
- Duct sealing is fast – Most existing homes take less than one day to seal and sealing new construction is even quicker.
- Duct sealing is easy and nondestructive – The unique sealing process is done from the inside so even leaks that are hidden behind walls, under insulation, in tight spaces or in other inaccessible places are tightly sealed. And we don’t need to cut through drywall.
- Duct sealing is safe – The sealant is completely non-toxic, UL listed and approved and smells a bit like Elmer’s glue. The slight odor is usually gone within a day.
- Duct sealing is guaranteed – A 10 year warranty is included, but it has been stress-tested for over 40 years of durability.
- Duct sealing helps protect the environment – By reducing your energy use/waste and lowering the amount of carbon emissions leaking to the outdoors, our environment will be a cleaner place for our future. (More facts are available at Aeroseal’s FAQs page)
The Benefits of Aeroseal
Even, Consistent Temperatures = Better Comfort
Cracks or leaks in ductwork systems can prevent the steady flow of hot or cold air from reaching rooms in your home. By sealing the leaks, more even airflow will be maintained throughout your home. Your home will be more comfortable with reduced drafts and more consistent temperature levels.
Healthier Indoor Air Quality = Fewer Allergy Symptoms
According to the EPA, leaky ducts in attics, unfinished basements, crawlspaces, and garages can allow dirt, dust, moisture, pollen, pests, and fumes to enter the home, and back drafts from heating and cooling sources can circulate harmful CO gases. By sealing duct leaks, you can greatly improve your indoor air quality and have less dust, reduced allergy and asthma triggers, and a much safer home. See more about the benefits of Aeroseal in a recent feature in North American Builders magazine.
Better Energy Efficiency = Lower Utility Costs
We’ve seen thousands of homes, but don’t take our word for it. The Department of Energy has proven Chicagoland homes lose 25-40% of their airflow through leakage! That means over a third of the conditioned air we are “paying for” never actually reaches our living spaces. Even the most high-performance HVAC system won’t make your home comfortable or save energy if the ductwork is leaking.
Priority Energy’s Aeroseal specialists will help you get started on your new home or remodel project. Questions on code compliance or IECC verification tests? We can help.
Priority Energy was recently rated the No. 1 Aeroseal dealer in Chicagoland; proudly serving builders, HVAC companies, home owners, and commercial property owners since 2010.
The Newman Restoration Group just completed a workshop with Mr. Schildgen on insulation. weatherization and indoor air quality. The one-day curriculum led students through building science principles and a hands-on practice with props.